Growing up (before I knew I was gluten free) one of my favorite things in the world was to bake with my mom and sister. One of our favorite, go-to recipes was chocolate chip banana bread.
I loved it one - because I got to crack open a bag of chocolate chips and eat them all even before we started baking the bread, but also too because we never just baked one loaf. It was always a marathon. Seriously though. We'd spend hours in the kitchen baking 8-10 loaves.
The reason being was that we always would bake for others. We made chocolate chip banana bread for family friends, relatives, and neighbors around the holidays and sometimes for no reason at all.
It was just the way my mom taught us to be -- always thinking of others. She encouraged us to go the extra mile to do something for a love one, because there is no better feeling than making someone's day [ well maybe licking the spoon after making this banana bread, but I digress... ].
So that's why I'm sharing my favorite gluten free chocolate chip banana bread recipe with you, so you can pay it forward too. But don't worry - after you make loaves for friends - you most definitely can make one for yourself too. AND TRUST ME. You certainly will want to.
Here's the recipe for you and all your friends and family to enjoy.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
(makes 2 loaves of heavenly goodness)
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 mashed bananas
- 4 cups of gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degree and spray two 9x5x3 loaf pans with cooking spray. Set these bad boys off to the side and we'll work on that batter.
- First, you will start by creaming your butter and sugar in a stand mixer (if you're lucky enough to own one -- hint hint mom). From here you will add in your eggs and banana and mix it up real good.
- Next, you'll add in all of your dry ingredients -- so the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. PRO TIP = add the flour in last and slowly. Keep mixing it up until the batter is complete smooth.
- From here, take your bowl off the mixer and pour in you chocolate chips (after you've eaten a handful or ten of course). Mix them with your spatula by hand and pour the mixture into both of your pans. To really make it look pretty - heat up some of the extra chocolate chips you have lying around (assuming you didn't eat them all) and drizzle them over the top of each loaf.
- Then, you'll put the loaves in the oven for 1 hour to bake.
- Once they are finished - let them cool for about an hour (if you can control yourself) then slice and serve to enjoy!
How'd your chocolate chip banana bread turn out? Share the glory in the comments below.